The ROTRONIC Intrinsically Safe HygroFlex5-EX series of
humidity/moisture and temperature sensors was developed for easy installation in areas where there is a risk of explosion due to dust or gas in the environment.
They were designed to meet the demanding requirements of the oil & gas industry as well as the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and food industries, and are suitable for hazardous applications elsewhere.
The Rotronic HygroFlex5-EX measurement transmitter conforms to the latest international standards. The transmitter is Intrinsically Safe (secondary side); 2-channel outputs.
ATEX certified probes are available for all applications.
The Intrinsically Safe transmitters have two channel 4…20 mA outputs selected from temperature, humidity or a moisture value such as dew point or ‘absolute humidity’ (for example Mixing Ratio g/kg). These can be freely scaled exactly as required, using Rotronic HW4 software, for the process being monitored or controlled.
• Stainless steel probes certified for ATEX Zone 0/20
• Standard & cable mount probes with a screw-in probe for pressure applications
• HygroFlex5-EX measurement transmitter certified for Zone 1/21
• The transmitter is Intrinsically Safe (secondary side)
• Wall and duct versions available an LC display is an option
• 2-wire supply, 2-analogue outputs (option of dew point, absolute humidity (g/kg) or another moisture value
• Robust aluminium transmitter housing; high IP66 protection
• Range of calibration accessories for use in the Safe Area
A technical datasheet is available, visit: